Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tag, I'm it!!

The lovely Laura with Craig and Taz (who is now in Canada working on his sheepdoggin skills! Go Tazzy!) tagged me with a simple and fun game! I'm excited to see what everyone that I tag posts! :)

So, here is the deal. She was tagged first, and now I'm next. The rules are simple: go to your photo archives on your computer and go into the 6th folder and count up to the 6th picture and post it on your blog, along with the story that goes with it.

Warning-semi graphic image up ahead if you don't like blood.

This is the 6th picture in my 6th folder. Camping up in Buena Vista the night before a disc dog competition. It was dark out, this was a dog approved camp ground.....with a barb wire fence running straight through the campsite!! I was SO pissed. So while we were setting up the tent and getting things out of the car Kipp walks over to me....blood dripping everywhere. Scared the crap out of me.

This was taken after we cleaned the cut, but you can see that the cut goes from right under his armpit, all the way down to his paw. (It looks like a white line all the way down his leg-you can view it larger if you double click the picture.)

So, we wrapped him up, and my poor baby had to hang out in his crate for the rest of the evening so he wasn't running around on his hurt leg.



And to make the trip worse, my DF accidently wrapped his vetwrap too tight and Kipp's foot was swollen the next morning...


My little Dipper just layed in the tent and licked at his foot the entire morning.


But he cheered on his sister at the competition the next day and for her first time ever she won a gold medal and placed first in the novice division!! It was cute, Kipp walked over to the field with us when it was Rockstar's turn to go and he watched her compete and actually looked happy that she was doing so good. He would nudge her when she got back to the sidelines as if to say 'Good job sis, you kicked ass!'

Now it's my turn to start tagging!!! 6 victims.... Muah ah ah ahhhhh. I choose:

Samantha

Kate and Bella

Qwill and Friends

Allie and Rusty

Ziva the Sar dog

Chesney and Tucker

3 comments:

Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

haha... thanks for the tag, i will add you to my taggers list. lol


Poor Kipp, it is so sweet though how he was still there for his sister. Even though he was suffering. Go Rockstar! she did great! :-)

Fenway said...

I don't know who is cooler under pressure...you or Kipp. You get a gold medal, too, for being able to go on with the show the next day after what must have been a horrendous night and morning.

Yay!!!

Mary said...

Ouch!!